TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Uhh
People Seeking Info

Subject Uhh

Posted by nb623107 on August 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 360 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Apexi WSII posted by Antihero on August 20, 2014 at 01:08 PM

Message I think you're reading into this too closely. First of all, no one ever marketed this as an improvement based on "macro turbulence." We all know those tornadoes are garbage. You also seem to have a thing against the American muscle crowd, but that's an entire different discussion. Exhaust gas scavenging is a time and time again proven art. In a boosted application the requirements definitely change, but there are still benefits to be had... otherwise more people would be running true dual's with no balancing efforts. I don't have independent test results... do you?

Next, your drawing is not really proportioned well. It will not require too many extra "tight" bends to achieve fitment of this piece. I said I wanted a one-off system. Didn't say it'd be perfect, either. Every transition can be smooth. Yes, the exhaust gasses will collide in the center of the X-pipe (and I definitely see your argument for this point), more so than the other "x" pipe configs, but even then they share a bit of turbulence in that area. The fact that I'd be going from a smaller size exhaust to the full 3" leads me to believe there will still be some flow improvements.

The only thing I'm unsure of about the Tru-X pipe is how large the center section is where it crosses paths. I could not find a "cutaway" or diagram for the 3" model. Ideally, I would think that merged area should be larger than 3" to allow for dual 3" exhaust streams coming in simultaneously without becoming too restricted suddenly.

Just because it doesn't float your boat doesn't make it a tornado...

I am looking at the Apexi WS2 muffler choice a little more closely though. Thanks for that idea.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.